How to Report New Employee to BIR, SSS, Philhealth and Pag-ibig?

As an employer, keep in mind that whenever you hire a new employee, you are required to update the following government agency:

  • Bureau of Internal Revenue (BIR)
  • Social Security System (SSS)
  • Philhealth Health Insurance Corporation (PHIC)
  • Home Development Mutual Fund (HDMF)

Here are the steps you need to do to ensure the employee is properly reported to concerned government agencies.

Update the Bureau of Internal Revenue (BIR)

First thing that you need to do is to update the BIR.

  • If the employee has no TIN yet, you need to require the employee to file BIR Form 1902 to the RDO where your company is registered.
  • If the new employee has TIN No., and with previous employer registered in the same RDO as your company, either your employee or HR personnel needs to submit BIR Form 2305 to update his/her information.
  • If the new employee already has a TIN No. but his/her previous employer is registered in different RDO as your company, then the employee will need to submit a BIR Form 1905 in the RDO where his previous employer is registered.

All BIR forms listed in this page are available for download in the BIR Website.

Update the Philippine Health Insurance Corporation (PHIC)

Each new employee will need to fill up and sign a PHIC form PMRF regardless if the employee is already a PHIC member or not. For PHIC members, they need to submit to you their Philhealth No. Filled-out form should be submitted in the PHIC office where your company is registered.

You as the employer will also need to fill up and submit a PHIC Form ER2 that contains the list of your new employees. The PHIC Form ER2 should be submitted in the PHIC office where your company is registered or you can submit it online through their online portal.

All PHIC Forms that you need can be downloaded in the PHIC Website.


Update the Social Security System (SSS)

Before you can update the SSS, you need to ask for your employee’s SSS No.  If your new employee is not yet an SSS member, you should require him/her to register in the SSS office where your company is registered.
You as employer will also need to fill up and submit an SSS Form R1A that contains the list of your new employees with their respective SSS No. The SSS Form R1A should be submitted in the SSS office where your company is registered or you can also do it online using their online portal for employers.

SSS Forms can be downloaded in the SSS Website.

Update the Home Development Mutual Fund (HDMF)

All your new employees can be easily updated through the Pag-ibig online web portal.  Or you can just add the employee in the HDMF Form MCRF, and then mark as NH (Newly Hire), when you are filing the monthly HDMF contribution. Please take note that, your employee needs to be a member of SSS before he/she can register in HDMF.

I hope this article has been helpful for you to know what to do whenever you have new employee. For assistance in payroll related matters, you might want to consider our payroll services.


You can make us an extension of your office by letting us do the accounting, payroll, tax and business registration so you can focus in growing your business. You may use this form to request for our proposal.

If you chose to do it yourself, you may attend our scheduled workshops to learn and execute faster.

Disclaimer: The content of this article may become outdated because of changes in the rules and regulations over time. It does not substitute the need for inquiring professional advice.


  1. Carl Corpuz says:

    Hi , i need help , i am kinda confused .. I am now at a new company and still havent had clearance with old company because I havent passed my requirements yet . Like Philhealth , Pagibig .. Now , i have a new company and ofcourse i need those requirements there too . Now what do i have to do for Pagibig and Philhealth , will i go there and register my new company and just show it to old company to have clearance . or i have to register using my old company and then after having clearance update it with new company ? help pls.

  2. Jovelyn Hidol says:

    hello, I would like to ask? if how to report terminated employees using SSS Employment Report (R1A) through online. Please help.

  3. Gin Freecs says:

    My employer ask me to process my TIN number in BIR. I have no TIN yet, who should process my TIN application?me or the company?

    Thank you

    • Either, but if you do it, you need to have your employers TIN. If the employer will do it, they need authorization letter from you.

  4. May I ask… I would like to get a TIN no, but I’m not employed yet but it is a requirement for my application to a company for employement. the company hr representative stated that I should only fill out the form and submit it to RDO 40.

    but there is this employer signature at the bottom, and the people there said it is a requirement……but like I said, I’m not employed yet…. what should I do?

  5. Kristine Tan says:

    Im still enrolled with my previous employer with regards to my SSS, how i will be able to transfer my sss to my new employer. Thank you.

  6. Good Day !

    This is all about sss,phic and hdmf. Paying Monthly Government Remittances is required. What if all the employee are resigned at once. what will happen? I don’t know what to do, Please help.

    Thanks Thanks ..

  7. john paul lalin says:

    Please help me im really confuse right now,,i am not yet hired but the company is already asking me for a TIN number and i cannot get a TIN number unless the company already hired me, ive tried asking the company’s TIN number, but the company said just go at the BIR and register, i dont know what to do, Kindly please send me email,
    p.s i dont have any past jobs

  8. Corrine Q. Carbonell says:

    Good eve.. i hust want to ask? I am before employed in a fast food chain, then i did not finish my contrct. My problem is i did not ask for my TIN no. How can i know my TIN no.?

    • Corrine+Q.+Carbonell says:

      Pls.reply so that i my know if i will still get a new one.?

    • It is illegal to posses multiple TIN numbers, better contact your previous employer or go to the BIR RDO where your previous employer is registered to ask for your TIN.